In the beginning, I didn’t actually make a to do list. Our reno started with me convincing Andrew that we should take the flower border down (he hated it too). He agreed, but at the time he thought that’s all we were doing. Then came the curtains. Then we were going to do a quick weekend paint job to spruce it up. And it continued to escalate.
Below is my to-do list as it stands. It’s extensive.
And I’m sure I’ll add more to it, but for now this is it.
- Remove wallpaper border
- Remove curtains and valences
- Prime/paint walls and cabinets
- Replace cabinet hardware
- Replace light bulbs with LED’s
- Replace counter top, side table top and bathroom counter top
- Replace kitchen and bathroom sinks and faucets
- Replace lighting fixtures/side table lamp
- Remove/replace mirrors from cabinet doors
- Remove/replace carpet panelling in cabinets
- Replace flooring
- Reupholster couch and dinette
- Replace kitchen table and table leg
- Add backsplash
- Turn fridge into chalkboard
- Wallpaper bathroom area
- Get new duvet/sheets
- Make wall hanging/plant hanger
- Mount TV
- Reclaimed wood accent walls
- Create blanket door
Since we’ve started the painting – I can now say I’m pretty sure this is the most time-intensive part of the project. I think we have been painting now for 5 days, and that doesn’t include the prep work. I’m hoping 2 more and we will be done. If you’re thinking of painting your camper, be warned, if you choose more than one colour, you’re looking at spending quite a bit longer prepping and painting.
Is there anything I’ve missed on our to-do list? What’s on yours?